al ries, featured in WAWAM!’s Brain Food will be in Manila for an Al Ries Seminar. well, i’m not really sure…..
actually, i’m not sure if you can call it an “al ries seminar”. in previous print ads, bigger in size, ries based on my estimate will talk 1 hour and half at the longest in this seminar. that makes him a keynote speaker. is that equivalent to being an al ries seminar? read about it here : http://the-wawam-file.blogspot.com/
ateneo simply the superior team in the league this season, with or without la salle’s maierhofer’s dirty finger
how did ateneo win the UAAP championship? there are a few reasons:
- la salle WAS NOT the only victim of ateneo’s prowess this season, EVERYONE else, all the other schools in the league lost to ateneo. ateneo closed the season almost on a pristine record. so la salle is not the sole victim here, ateneo simply dominated the league this season.hindi tsamba, the ateneo has it for real.
- ateneo beat la salle in ALL games played this season. that alone shows the strength and the superiority of the ateneo team over la salle. let’s accept it, ateneo’s team is superior over la salle this season.
- in the 2 finals games, la salle hardly led the score, in most of the game ateneo was ahead of la salle. once ateneo pulled ahead, la salle was unable to recover or even come close to say 1 point within ateneo. that never happened. that was how dominant the ateneo team was over la salle.
- rabeh has been the key to the ateneo team, the league MVP. rabeh’s stats, which are FACTS says it all – he used to average 5 pts last season, in this season he averaged 17 pts (if i remember that right) and in game 1 of the finals 31 pts (if i remember that right)
- chris tiu has played the same kind of power basketball as he did last season. that is key as that means ateneo has not lost it’s go-to guy this season.
- baclao has dominated the defensive end of the ateneo game. and certainly la salle was not the only victim, everyone else in the league was his victim.
- ateneo won the finals for a few reasons — rabeh improved his game, tiu continued his great game, baclao is the defensive power AND everyone else contributed very well. the ateneo team has the deepest bench in the league. time and again, specially in the finals, when their stars failed, the other players compensated for it and performed.in fact when 1 star fails, another star compensated. that happened in game 1, tiu underperformed, rabeh took over. in game 2, rabeh underperformed, tiu compensated.
in both games, ateneo’s second stringers did their job too. and that was equally critical.
- something happened to the la salle team – they kept missing their shots. often they had a few chances to score, but no player can connect.
- la salle’s star players under-performed. in both finals game, la salle did not have a standout player – that one player who made a difference or even one player who showed leadership on the court. they disappeared from the team.
- la salle’s coach failed.a key weakness was exposed in the la salle game in game 1 – high turn-overs and low conversion of shots. la salle’s coach FAILED to adjust his coaching strategy in game 2. the SAME KINDS of errors and weaknesses were shown by the la salle team in game 2.
there was only 1 successful coaching strategy la salle’s coach did – he got rabeh in foul trouble at the very start of the game. but other than that, the la salle coach underperformed.
- norman black out-coached la salle’s coach. black was brilliant in finding the right player to fill in the failures of its stars. tsui underperformed in game 1, rabeh underperformed in game 2 – in both instances, black chose the right 2nd stringers to fill in the weaknesses to keep the momentum up and keep the score in ateneo’s favor.black kept rabeh out of the game for most of the first half – that’s very couragious of him and as it turned out a brilliant strategy. that is great coaching!
la salle’s coach on the other hand kept doing the same old thing, thus the failures continued. part of the problem of course is that la salle has very weak 2nd stringers.
there is new video from abs cbn of that famous finger rico maierhofer flashed that got him ejected from the game. view it and see for yourself what finger he flashed.
also, take note of the relative distances of maierhofer, rabeh and more importantly the referee who made the technical foul call. did the referee make a bad call?
view and read here : http://the-wawam-file.blogspot.com/
couples for christ released a print ad against RH Bill 5043 at the PDI recently. it’s half truths and scare tactics reminiscent of what the spanish friars did at the start of the spasnish colonial era. read about it in full here : http://the-wawam-file.blogspot.com/
couples for christ released a print ad at the philippine daily inquirer against the RH 5043. will this ad with half truths sell fully or will it fail? read it here : http://the-wawam-file.blogspot.com/
as predicted here, ateneo won the championship via a sweep of la salle. we knew that, but what we didn’t know was the reaction of la salle’s coach and team.
la salle coach pumaren made a big deal rico maierhofer’s ejection from the game after his 2nd technical foul. pumaren says they lost on an account of bad officiating, like it was a set-up from start to finish that ateneo will win, courtesy of the referees. and he made an even bigger deal about the ejection of maierhofer. maierhofer was slapped a technical foul after he flashed a dirty finger.
maierhofer said he did not show a dirty finger – it was not the middle finger it was an index finger and it was meant for a teammate, telling his teammate to do better at guarding.
we need pictures of that middle finger or index finger being shown. we will post in WAWAM! your cellphone pictures of that scene. read more here : http://the-wawam-file.blogspot.com/
will that be the headline in tomorrow’s newspapers?
everyone in the philippine advertising industry know about it – scam ads usually wins the Araw Awards during the Philippine Advertising Congress. Araw (sun) Awards is the creative awards for philippine advetising. most don’t like it, most don’t want it, but they’re still there winning awards. read about it here : http://the-wawam-file.blogspot.com/
believe it or not, kfc now has a shrimp meal. and that is whole story in this kfc ad that. see the ad a million times, laugh and smile a million times. read about it and view it here : http://the-wawam-file.blogspot.com/
game 1 of the finals for the uaap seniors championship is today at 4:00 pm. time will stop then. brand “ateneo-la salle game” is one of the most enduring, most intense, most anticipated brands in the country. it does not matter if you don’t belong to any of those schools or you don’t like basketball. on the the ateneo-la salle game, you stop whatever you are doing and watch it.
they are no longer called “la sallites”, they call themselves now “la sallians”. WAWAM! offers a reason for the change. read about it here : http://the-wawam-file.blogspot.com/
is the third time a charm? well, it looks that’s how it is with microsoft’s $300M ad campaign – their 3rd in the series. this one is finally in english! something we can understand what it means. read about it here : http://the-wawam-file.blogspot.com/
dm9 jayme/syfu philippines and saatchi & saatchi poland – separated at birth at ad competition. copycat ad wins award, the original does not
the ad on the left was developed by saatchi & saatchi poland a few years ago and the one on the right is by dm9 jayme/syfu philippines. the dm9 jayme/syfu just recently won an international ad award on it at the Cannes Lions Awards.
there is no denying both ads are identical in many points, both major and minor elements of the ads. is it possible for two ad agencies, one located in poland and the other half a world away located in the philippines to have exactly the same kind of creative inspiration and ideas? in a very cosmic way or is it plagiarism?
should dm9 jayme/syfu manila keep the award for themselves or should they share the award with saatchi & saatchi poland since saatchi did the original? does it sound fair that the copycat ad got the award and the original did not? read about it here : http://the-wawam-file.blogspot.com/search/label/DM9Jayme/Syfu
this cadbury tv spot is a must-see ad. you can classify this spot as a “kurot sa puso” (literally “pinch of the heart” or tugging at your heart strings). but i classify it as thinking out of the box. this ad combines “kurot sa puso” and humor in a most effective way. i bought cadbury after i saw the ad. view it here : http://the-wawam-file.blogspot.com/ (get ready with kleenex)
charice pempengco recently appeared in the oprah show (september 9, 2008 show) and that means Brand Philippines got another boost. find out why charice pempengco can very will be Brand Philippines here : http://the-wawam-file.blogspot.com/
smart telecom’s Smart Buddy “me na me” tv spot is a who na who. ask piolo pascual, angel locsin, kim chiu and gerald alcantara
this is a royal rumble battle among ad concepts, taglines, target audience and celebrity endorsers. you can have one or even two to three great ideas on the table that can eventually confuse you and end up with two items not matching up and you don’t even notice it. it’s a good me na me idea but ended up a who na who, really. read about it here : http://the-wawam-file.blogspot.com/
here is the print ad announcing a seminar in manila by al ries. it’s also the reason why WAWAM! does not think its wise to go to the seminar. read here in full: http://the-wawam-file.blogspot.com/
events are great and it’s good more companies are going into it. but events should also have social responsibility. do your events, but don’t make the rest of the city suffer. read about it here : http://the-wawam-file.blogspot.com/
this is one print ad that is guaranteed to drive you crazy, literally. what are consumer promotions for? why do companies conduct consumer promotions? read about it here : http://the-wawam-file.blogspot.com/
this is one of the most interesting rumors about the ipod touch that will be revealed on september 9 – it has a drawing with it!
i don’t know about you, but if someone tells me a rumor and shows me a drawing of it, that doesn’t sound like a rumor anymore, right? no such thing as a rumor with evidence! haha.
read more about these high-class rumors here : http://the-wawam-file.blogspot.com/