this blog is a fan of charice pempengco. many posts have been made in the blog to celebrate charice’s singing career. she will now start on new career path and this one is really huge – as a cast member of the US tv hit show Glee. charice is on the verge of truly going big time.
but what about the sleepless nights we have on this new beginning for charice? here they are:
- how is charice’s english speaking skills? we have seen here improve over the years and we must admit the improvement has been dramatic. we are just not sure if the level of improvement in her english skills is to the level of delivering the lines in Glee.
- more importantly and this to us is a bigger worry – can she handle interviews by the press with her english skills? we have watched charice in the US talk shows and she did not do well in many parts.
- her biggest problem is comprehension. we think often times charice was unable to understand the question properly. in some of these interviews, charice gave an answer that was way off. obviously she was unable to understand the question.
- charice in most parts can handle direct and simple questions but she is unable to read between the lines. often she is unable to understand there are hidden meanings in the questions asked of her and when she gives an answer it comes out flat or way out there. we do not know if it’s poor comprehension skills or her immaturity. we think it’s more the former.
- what will be the story line in the glee tv show when charice joins the cast and story? we hope it will be culturally sensitive to filipinos.
bottom line – we cringe in fear of a monumental error to be commited by charice every timee we see her on tv being interviewed. we wouldrather she just sing than talk.
it will take more than just brilliant singing skills now for charice. she will enter a different kind of world with a lot more challenges and needing many more skills to succeed on it. we hope her handlers are aware of this and will put a lot of efforts to train her and get her to acquire the skills.
we wish charice the best. we also applaud her.
here are the links of reviews of the yet to be launched iPhone 4. these are reviews done by a select number of journalists who were given iPhones to test ahead of everyone, they are all glowing reviews.
Charice has officially signed on to join “Glee”
HollywoodNews.com: Nearly a month ago, Charice was rumored to join the hit television show “Glee,” after her manager had been quoted confirming the news. However, Charice quickly tweeted that in fact the rumor was “not true” and that she wasn’t going to be joining the show.
However, sources have told Entertainment Weekly, that this time she is really joining the show. They report that she is “signed, sealed, and delivered delivered to recur next season as a foreign exchange student whose killer vocals” will rival those of Rachel’s (Lea Michele).
Gleeks can officially start celebrating now.
Awards News, Breaking News, Entertainment News, Movie News, Music News, Hollywood News
these are the four honor guards who stood erect around cory’s casket as it made it;s snail pace way from the church to the burial place. they started in the morning and reached the cemetery where cory was laid to rest in the evening. for more than 8 hours, they stood very much like the way they look in these pictures, with no drink, no food and not even time to relieve themselves on top of a moving van, through turns, bumps, inclines and declines through the sun and heat on them and rain as well.
they have volunteered to be noynoy aquino’s security team, the PSG and were promptly accepted.
congratulations and good luck to The Fantastic 4!
Cory Aquino honor guards volunteer to join PSG
By Gil C. Cabacungan Jr.
Philippine Daily Inquirer
First Posted 02:08:00 06/12/2010
MANILA, Philippines—The honor guards who escorted the late President Corazon Aquino in her nine-hour funeral procession have volunteered to join the security team of President-elect Benigno “Noynoy” Aquino III in Malacañang.
“I understand seven of them [have] volunteered,” said Aquino in a text message to the Inquirer.
to celebrate noynoy aquino’s election win, his oath taking as president and to show support to the new president – turn the whole country into yellow.
wear yellow, put yellow ribbons on cars and in homes, wear the aquino baller bands, wear noynoy t-shorts on june 30 as noynoy takes his oath of office.
it’s official – doing ambush marketing can get you arrested at the world cup 2010. read more here:
it’s the magical gadget called magicJack that will allow you to make unlimited overseas calls to the US practically at no cost. the magiJack is sold in the philippines but it’s initial cost is more than twice than in the US and it’s annual fee after the first year is more than 3 times the cost.
find out here the work around to get magicJacck in the philippines at the same low cost in the US. click here: http://the-wawam-file.blogspot.com/2010/06/magic-of-magicjack-in-philippines.html
note : we are not connected in any way to magicJack, we are just sharing with our readers our experience with the magicJack.
we are counting just days before gloria macapagal arroyo leaves office and noynoy aquino takes over. here is a place where you can tell gloria what you feel and think as she leaves the presidency and as noynoy takes office.
click here: http://goodbyegloriahellonoynoy.wordpress.com/