adult points gun at high school boy inside his own school (CSA) in front of teachers
this incident is being talked about in twitter this morning.
we have gathered the following from a source close to the incident:
- the incident happened 3 weeks ago
- no police report has been filed on the incident (tv patrol showed a police report document)
- the boy at whom a gun was pointed at felt his life was in mortal danger while it was happening. the boy felt he was going to be shot and die in school. that will make you weep. just imagine the kind of trauma this boy must have felt then until now.
- the boy was alone when this happened. it happened during school hours. the boy was apparently called to the principal’s office. the incident happened in front of the admin office. (tv patrol says it happened inside the faculty room)
- it happened with teachers witnessing the whole thing plus the father who pulled the gun and his two body guards
- last year, another kid bullied retaliated by hitting a bully with a hammer in the head
- the father who pulled the gun has been banned from entering the CSA campus
- boy who got bullied with a gun was suspended for 5 days
- the 2 other boys involved in the bullying were also suspended but, get this – for shorter period of time – 2 to 3 days only
- CSA PTA (parents teachers association) is not getting involved here
- my source tells me they needed the interview with korina sanchez to give the case publicity as nothing was happening on the issue
- my source appreciates the tweets on the incident and wishes to thank everyone for the concern and the effort
- please help the family of the boy bullied with a gun in giving this attention – tweet about it, put it on facebook and email to as many people as you can
- please give your comment on this incident. let your thoughts and feelings be heard.
we (#gangsters tweets) have been talking about this incident in twitter since this morning, these are the reactions to the incident from myself and the others:
- we feel for the boy and parents of the boy. the boy or any student do not need this kind of trauma.
- have always said that the safest places in the world for our children are #1 the home and #2 the school. for this to happen in the school is terrifying and wrong.
- this incident is not just an issue of bullying, this is an issue of a life of boy that could have been taken inside the school by a bullet from a gun from a parent of a classmate.
- how was the father able to bring in guns into the campus? the security guards did not check? are guns allowed in this school?
- why was the boy called to the admin office when the teachers knew the father was going to confront him?
- why wasn’t the parents of the boy at whom the gun was pointed informed of the meeting / confrontation? and why were the parents not present during the meeting / confrontation with bantilles?
- shouldn’t this matter have been handled first among the parents? like the school to ask for a meeting with both sets of parents first. we did not think any of the students should have been involved in the meeting or confrontation.
- what was the school thinking allowing a confrontation with the father (bantilles) and the boy? what were they intending to achieve? and how is this being fair or productive?
- one can argue the boy was set up to allow the father (bantilles) to bully the boy
- we think this is not just a CSA matter, this is also a police matter. the police needs to get involved and legal action should be take against the adult who pulled a gun at the boy.
- the boy could have been shot to death in this incident. and the loss of a life over a bullying incident in school? that is senseless and terribly wrong.
- how rampant is bullying at CSA?
- CSA needs to review its policies and procedures on settling issues among students and parents and specifically on bullying. the school needs to study this carefully and draw out a procedure and a strategy on reducing bullying in the school and how to handle or resolve it.
- bullying is a real problem in all schools. CSA is not the only one and this has been going on for generations in all schools.
- but that should not stop CSA from trying to minimize it if not stop it in their campus. CSA should continue to find solutions and should learn from past incidents to be better at handling it year to year.
- government authorities should be involved here – the PNP for sure as it involves guns and the threat of death on a boy. as mentioned in twitter the Commission on Human Rights and the DSWD should be involved as it involves a minor.
- parents of CSA should be concerned and get involved in this incident. the parents should demand action from the school. they should realize that this incident is saying their children may not be safe inside the CSA campus. not only did this incident show a weakness on CSA in handling bullying cases, it shows a major weakness in security.
- people in twitter (mostly from #gangsters) find the CSA action on this incident as making no sense and being grossly unfair and unjust. the school suspended the boy at whom the gun was pointed at.
latest as of 7:35 pm
the boy was interviewed at abs-cbn’s TV Patrol, his name is Jaime (jay-mee) Gonzales. the information posted here are mostly the same to what he revealed in the TV interview.
in the tv interview, jaime said bantilles slapped him, cursed him then got a bag from a bodyguard, looked inside and took out a gun. gun was pointed to his face and bantilles said “i can kill you right now”.
why didn’t the teachers who were witnessing the incident stop bantilles from slapping, hurting and verbally abusing the high school boy?
why did bandilles, an adult and also a father of a teen-age boy think what he did to jaime was right and justified? does he treat his son that way?
video of abs-cbn’s TV Patrol World news clip here : http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/video/nation/metro-manila/09/20/12/parent-points-gun-student-inside-school
click to read here:
see picture of allan bantiles here : who is afraid of allan bantiles, the father charged of putting a gun on the head of a CSA high school student?
Man accused of pointing gun at student inside exclusive schoolBy Dharel Placido, ABS-CBNnews.com
MANILA, Philippines – A woman has accused a man of pointing a gun at her grandson inside the premises of Colegio San Agustin in Dasmariñas Village, Makati City.
Gonzales said the gun-pointing incident started after her grandson punched Bantilles’ son.
She said her grandson only punched Bantilles’ son after reaching his limits due to the latter’s alleged bullying.
“They kept harassing my apo. Pino-poke ba naman yung penis and pwet. For weeks they were doing that,” Gonzales said, referring to Bantilles’ son and another student.
“Ulit sila ng ulit. Then sabi ng apo ko, ‘tama na, tama na, stop it.’ Doon nag-init ang apo ko, siyempre sinuntok niya,” she added.
Gonzales said after learning of the brawl, the older Bantilles immediately rushed to the school’s campus in Makati with a bodyguard and pointed his gun at the forehead of her grandson.
She said the incident was witnessed by several faculty members since it happened inside the school’s faculty room.
“[Ang sabi ni Bantilles], ‘you’re the boy that hit my boy?’ Tapos sinuntok na siya. He kept insulting him. In the meantime ang apo ko apologize ng apologize,” she said.
“Paulit-ulit [sinasabi ni Bantilles] ‘Do you want me to shoot you? Do you want me to shoot you?’ Eh kung na-Rolito Go ‘yan, eh ‘di patay na ang apo ko.”
Gonzales said a teacher then told her grandson to run away from Bantilles.
She said her grandson was suspended for four days, while the two students were still able to go to school following the incident.
She said a friend in the police force also confirmed to them that two guns were registered under Bantilles’ name.
“[Our lawyers] are still studying the case, but definitely, you can’t let a person like this out loose with two guns,” she said.
“Imagine, in a school of more than 6,000 students, somebody entered with a bodyguard and gun and point it to the forehead of my apo… I think this Bantilles, something is wrong with him. This might not be the only incident na matapang siya dahil may baril siya,” she added.
DZMM called the school administration for comment, but it declined to be interviewed. Sanchez asked Mr. Bantilles to air his side by calling the station.
Gonzales said barangay officials also have yet to receive a response from those who witnessed the incident.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
open invitation to join WAWAM! after hours
- @ceso lol. that was so far from my thoughts. >> wawam around 12 hours ago
- RT @bworldph: PHL Q1 GDP seems to be on track as domestic demand is high-- Socioeconomic Planning Secretary Arsenio Balisacan | via @miyada… >> wawam around 12 hours ago
- Americans so love parades. and the one of the best parades are those done in Disneyland. you don't get tired watching it. >> wawam around 12 hours ago
- was so great to see so many young girls wearing their favorite princess costumes in Disneyland. so apt, very happy. >> wawam around 12 hours ago
- Disneyland - the happiest place in the world. <- that is so very true. also, very expensive. but happiness is so worth it. >> wawam around 12 hours ago
- fearless forecast : PHL netizens will fall in love with @nancybinay in the next 6 years! more in love with Sen Sotto? >> wawam around 3 days ago
- Duck! (photo at Palace Of Fine Arts, San Franciso, CA) pic.twitter.com/BOlhptuWsK http://t.co/gfSnlOcn0B >> wawam around 3 days ago
- “@ABSCBNNews: Netizens declare Ser Chief, Maya 'mag-on day' bit.ly/13EsNZL |via @ABSCBN_Showbiz” - what the?? >> wawam around 3 days ago
- @nancybinay says she does not know where to reply on SocMed - she does not know of the "send button"? flip.it/wSMqF >> wawam around 3 days ago
- @nancybinay wants to regulate cost of TV ad spots. ano daw sabeh? flip.it/wSMqF >> wawam around 3 days ago
1 million hits and going...
- 1,177,201 hits
wawam.wordpress shown on national tv – ABS-CBN’s TV Patrol World
- petron blaze import player ronaldo balkman grabs the neck of teammate arwind santos
- senator pia cayetano on new UAAP rule on residency : “unconstitutional; unjust and cruel to athletes”
- philippine stock market reaches past historic 6,800 all time high, so far record broken 23 times in 2013
- new UAAP rule on residency is unjust, unfair and harms high school athletes
- Willie Revillame rants on live tv (again!) – against Ate Guy and Ethel Booba
The Top 10 Most Viewed Posts Today
- UP's UPCAT 2012 results released ahead of schedule (get results here)
- angelica panganiban's sexy body exposed or truth in advertising via photoshop (pictures here)
- the hayden kho and katrina halili sex video scandal
- father of delamar's (rx93.1 jock) baby is Tyler Ashby?
- looking for a manny pacquiao-krista ranillo sex video scandal? krista's video here
- globe telecom's loyalty and rewards program that creates disloyalty
- UPCAT Results 2011 - now available online, view results here
- the James Soriano article - when truth hurts, pinoy netizens ache
- more maguindanao massacre photos – justice for the victims!
- rx 93.1 The Morning Rush with chico & delamar - delamar is 9 weeks pregnant
comments & reactions
Most Recent Readers Comments
top rated posts & comments
Top Clicks By Readers
- 2010 Philippine Presidential Election
- Amiel Alcantara
- call centers
- cerge remonde
- charrice pempengco
- cory aquino
- fr. joaquin bernas sj
- gears buying guide
- gloria macapagal arroyo
- huey sepulveda
- in the philippines
- just crazy
- kris aquino
- life in the philippines
- Love Letters To Happiness
- maguindanao massacre
- manny pacquiao
- manny pangilinan
- marketing & advertising
- marketing & advertising around the world
- marketing successes
- martial law
- mindscape landmark
- miriam defensor santiago
- morong 43
- music & poetry
- need help
- nokia C3 product defect
- noynoy aquino
- Of Interest
- Philippine 2010 Presidentiables
- Philippine Advertising
- Philippine Marketing
- philippine media
- philippine politics
- philippine stock market
- philippine tv
- philippine universities
- Pinoy Power
- reproductive health bill
- rh bill 5043
- steve jobs
- stupid things at call centers
- swine flu outbreak
- toyota philippines
- US presidential election
- wawam photo
- wawam photos
- wawam weekends
- WAWAM! What A Waste Of Advertising Money
- wawam.wordpress in media
- willie revillame
- Amiel’s Footprints
- computers, camera & electronics buying quide
- Cory Aquino
- feedback – WAWAM! after hours
- New AGS Traffic Scheme
- Pinoy Power
- traffic scheme AGS ignored
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
- July 2008
- June 2008
- January 2000
Most Recent Posts By Authors In This Blog
- wawamTECH: steve ballmer announces major strategic shift for microsoft’s business model – software, hardware, integration & the cloud
- nokia trips on day 3 of the Lumia 900 US launch – windows phone software bug triggers a 100% refund
- why in the world nokia chose the wrong date to launch Lumia 900 in the US – on a day when AT&T and Microsoft stores are closed!