mikey arroyo embarasses himself on live national tv, winnie monsod slays mikey on his hidden wealth
key points here:
- mikey arroyo admits he hid his wealth by declaring the property in the US as owned by a shell company or a dummy. dummy company, not dummy interviewee.
- mikey refuses to name co-owners of the company that owns the property in the US.
- mikey is unable to explain that given his salary as a congressman and governor how he was able to amass such capital and wealth.
- mikey attempts to give an excuse that there was an error from the first filing of his SAL and should ask an atty. de guzman about it. we want to have atty. de guzman interviewed in the same show soon!
- mikey says his wealth was “hindi naman kalakihan yan”. huh? P76M is “hindi naman kalakihan”??? really?
- monsod says – from P5M to P76M and you were only a vice-governor and congressman. kailangan naman may konting explanation.
- mikey arroyo — sue me to find out the facts, says ask my lawyers. this is SOP statement of arroyo’s cabinet members.
- winnie monsod : the burden of proof on the accuracy is on the government employee.
- mikey arroyo was totally ill-prepared.
- he does not have the intellectual capacity to answer questions of the sort nor the ability to get out of tight situations. he was totally clueless. he sorely likes IQ, he did at all look smart. he had nothing of it.
- his position was indefensible.
- he should have not gone to that interview at all. or if he really was hot on appearing on national tv, he should have brought with him his lawyers. or offered to do a dance number or sing a song.
- winnie monsod was on fire and to put it simply – brilliant! not even a centimeter did winnie monsod give mikey to stand on!
- what the hell was mikey arroyo thinking appearing in that tv show to talk about that? he did not know the topic?
- the segment title says “one-on-one with igan”, why was winnie monsod in the segment? was mikey arroyo set up? did mikey arroyo know winnie monsod will be there?
- mikey arroyo was obviously being skinned alive by winnie monsod that arnold clavio probably took pity on him that clavio started to help mikey by volunteering words and thoughts that mikey could not think of. hahaha.
these videos are a MUST-VIEW!
in the videos above, arroyo says a company owns the property. this document says the property is owned by his wife. document received via email.
visit this website for more: http://verafiles.org/
Mikey Arroyo under fire on YouTube
By Christian V. Esguerra
Philippine Daily Inquirer
First Posted 03:03:00 09/03/2009
MANILA, Philippines—Pampanga Rep. Juan Miguel “Mikey” Arroyo may have found himself in deeper trouble following an early morning TV interview about his ballooning net worth and P63.7-million beachfront property in the United States.
Clips of his Tuesday interview with GMA 7’s “Unang Hirit” were uploaded to the video-sharing website YouTube, triggering nasty comments—many of them apparently not fit for newspaper publication—from angry Web users.
One viewer described the lawmaker as “the world’s dum… criminal.”
“(Mikey) sucks at defending himself. If he is in court, he’ll be (cited) for contempt for utter stu…,” another commented.
Another viewer said Mikey “hanged himself on national TV” with the way he explained how his net worth jumped from P5 million in his statement of assets, liabilities and net worth (SALN) in 2002 to P99 million last year.
“Take note of (his) facial expressions and the tone of his voice. Talagang sinu. . . (He’s really a li…),” one viewer said.
“Another stu… son of a corrupt politician. This is exactly what happens when you have a big f_ _ _ing ego to go on air to show everyone how much assets you try to hide,” said another. “Mikey, isa kang … (you’re st…)!”
comments from readers of this blog:
The best ka mareng winnie!!! binalatan mo si mikey at walang nagawa kundi maging on the defensive mode. Marend Winnie for senator, lagot ang mga tiwali hehe ;p
I can imagine his toes curling as each damning question was being hurled his way and there’s nothing he can do about it but endure, endure, and endure more…
Hahaha! Serves him right…1
how stupid is he? the nerve! still smiling and laughing the entire interview… it’s beyond embarassing that we have the likes of Mikey Arroyo in key government positions. if he can’t even take responsibility for his own SAL, how can he take responsibility for even bigger things?
I am so annoyed with his chronic lying. When he said “it is a legal way of teaching us how deal our SALN” in response to Prof. Monsod’s insinuation that he is hiding the asset, I immediately doubted if the business or asset was really legal. He was also saying “as other public officials are doing…”. What are they doing, Mikey? As far as my sense of smell can reach, I believe that many of you are lying in their SALN.
His answers became more clumsy and disturbing when Prof. Winnie Monsod probed him on the increase of his income over a short period of years. He mentioned buying and selling of real estate properties in the states as the cause of the increase. Wasn’t that an admission that He indeed he has a business whether it is in a corporation or not.
He further displays his ignorance when he said that his SALN is “self-explanatory”. FYI It only explains one thing: confusion. When he said his lawyer can explain it further, my nerves would like to explode. For God sake Mikey show some respect on the intelligence of the Filipino People, or to the ordinary govt employee the least. Listen to your Professor Monsod, Mikey. It is your SALN, not your lawyers’. Don’t take it so lightly just because you are the son of the President and has the mechanism to control systems. Govt employees work on their SALN with their sweat and blood. They treat it as a almost a sacred document to keep their commitment on transparency and that they abide by the rules of RA 6713 or Code of Ethics for Govt Officials and Employees.
monsod was relentless! she made a point and destroyed everything and anything that mikey arroyo said, each and every point he made. she was just brilliant!
mikey arroyo on the other hand was a total idiot. he was unable to explain anything or even get out of anything. he kept saying one wrong thing after the other. instead of parrying, answering or putting issues to rest, he got himself into deeper trouble in every answer he gave.
this interview should be used in universities as a lesson on how one can look real stupid in a tv interview!
the interview was so much of a disaster for mikey arroyo that igan took pity on him by giving the answers that mikey can’t think of. hahaha
Nakakahiya ka Mikey. Yun lang masasabi ko. Tumatayo balahibo ko sayo at sa pamilya mo.
To Ms. Winnie, keep up the great work.
Ang galing mo talagang mangisa mareng winnie!!! mabuhay ka talaga grabe saludo ako sayo….
click here to read the comments on you tube: in that PDI news article, it reported the youtube videos had 8,000 views after only 1 day, it now has 36,000 views after just two days. go to this link to read the comments – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q0JKzpjh_o&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwawam%2Ewordpress%2Ecom%2F&feature=player_embedded